Some users are reporting problems with connection and authentication for MassMail 1.07. As we have not finalized the latest version, a BETA version of MassMail has been released as a "stop gap" to help resolve a few existing issues in 1.07.
New features list for MassMail BETA release 1.08:
- Supports secure authentication (TLS/SSL) for SMTP accounts.
- Added several additional 8-bit encodings to the character set selection box.
- Unicode is currently unsupported (MassMail is an ANSI application).
- Added tag insertion for outgoing messages (recipient personalization feature).
- Added address list display column editor (recipient personalization feature).
- Added multi-column email address editor (recipient personalization feature).
- Added extra topic to help file describing methods for image attachments.
- Added auto-backup of data in case of unexpected error when saving.
- Added word-wrap feature to message editor.
- Fixed address import failure on new MassMail accounts.
- Changed "message send-limit" to be an account setting, instead of options.
- Set default SMTP port to 25 (standard) or 465 (SSL secure mode), if not specified.
- Included French language file.
The BETA version is available for free download here (815 KB) . This version is in ZIP format only and can be extracted to your MassMail installation folder (usually c:\program files\kgp software\massmail), although alternative locations will also work. This release does not include a help file.